The holidays are here, it’s wintertime, and time for some heartwarming recipes – like this simple creamy mashed potato recipe. Find all the recipes you will need for the holidays in our Menu Planning Program. Sign up today for this amazing guide – you can try it for free – enjoy over 500 recipes that are RDN approved!
- 5 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Boil water for potatoes.
- Peel and cut potatoes into medium sized pieces.
- Once water is boiling, add potatoes and cook for 25-30 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Drain potatoes. Place back into dry pot and put pot on the stove.
- Mash potatoes.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mash until combined.
If you’re not serving this right away you can warm the mashed potatoes in a 350 oven with a few extra slices of butter on top. You can even make this up to three days in advance to ease the day-of cooking for holidays, just make sure to let it come to room temperature before heating in the oven for 20-30 minutes.