BLT Salad with Corn and Avocado is a great side to bring to a BBQ, or even to enjoy on it’s own! This recipe is full of flavor, hearty fats, and fiber. This fresh and tasty recipe is part of our Menu Planning program. Sign up today for this amazing guide – you can try it for free – enjoy over 500 recipes that are RDN approved!
- 2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 pound grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chop lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Defrost corn.
- Fry bacon. Once done drain on a paper towel and chop.
- In a bowl, combine lettuce, arugula, tomatoes, corn, and avocado. Add in salt, pepper, olive oil, and lime juice then toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Serve!
If fresh corn is available we highly recommend using it, or leaving it out of the salad and serving ears of grilled corn on the side! If we have it on hand we also like to top this with 4 ounces of feta cheese.