Chocolate makes us happy! This chocolate cake recipe is full of sugar, white flour, butter, and oil. Part of eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to completely eliminate all deliciousness out of your life. Bake this chocolate cake and invite all your family and friends over. After all, the name of this chocolate cake says it all!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon finely ground coffee grounds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground coffee grounds
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 9-inch cake pans.
- Let butter for frosting come to room temperature.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, 3/4 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1 teaspoon coffee grounds to a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and using an electric mixer mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Frost chocolate cake with Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- Using an electric mixer, cream 1 cup butter. Sift in 2/3 cup cocoa powder and mix on medium until well-combined.
- Add powdered sugar and milk to cocoa mixture by adding 1 cup of powdered sugar followed by about a tablespoon of milk. After each addition has been combined, turn mixer onto a high speed for about a minute. Repeat until all sugar and milk have been added.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract and coffee grounds and combine well.
Enjoy your chocolate cake! In need of more recipes? Click below for over 900 recipes and a menu planner to make grocery shopping SO MUCH EASIER!