This Wednesday, July 11th, is National Blueberry Muffin Day! Enjoy this healthy recipe for blueberry muffins that you can enjoy as a breakfast, a post-workout snack, or even a dessert. Blueberries are in season during the summertime. Blueberries support heart health and reduce the risk of disease. This recipe is part of our meal planning program. Sign up today for a free guide with over 500 recipes that are RDN approved. Go here to sign up.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375. Grease a muffin tin, or use paper liners.
- Combine the oats and milk and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Let the oats soak while preparing other ingredients.
- Melt butter, let cool.
- Whisk together the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, flaxmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir again until evenly moistened.
- Mix in the oat mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake muffins for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
If you want to go a little crazy with these you can add a crumb topping! Crumble together 1 tablespoon cold butter, 3 tablespoons flour, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar – sprinkle this on the muffins before baking.
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.
The reality is that many of us don’t have the time or energy to make meals happen. Meals become stressful, if not an impossible task.
Anderson’s Nutrition Meal Planner removes these barriers of time and complexity by making meals possible and simple! This meal planner evaluates over 3 million dietary factors to create the perfect plan for you while minimizing food waste.