Have you made zucchini into noodles? Zucchini noodles, or in other words, zoodles, are delicious and help to get more vegetables in your diet. The zucchini first needs to be spiralized. If you have a spiralizer, that works the best. If not, you can use a peeler or a knife, however the spiralizer makes the zoodles a lot more like the size of a regular noodle. Follow the below instructions to keep those zoodles from being too watery.
This recipe can even be swapped out with half zoodles and half grain noodles. This green recipe tastes great as a side or for your main dish. Feel free to add chicken or shrimp for some extra!
- 3 lb zucchini, spiralized
- 12 oz green beans, cut on the bias
- 1 Tbs raw walnuts, chopped optional garnish
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup kale
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and rough chop
- 3 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and squeezed (for 1 teaspoon of zest and 1 teaspoon of juice)
- 1/4 cup water
- salt, to taste
- Cover walnuts in warm water and add ½ teaspoon salt. Soak nuts for 4 hrs.
- Spiralize zucchini. Place zucchini in a bowl with a few pinches of salt.
- Toss well and set aside to sweat while you prepare pesto sauce.
- Add soaked walnuts and the remaining pesto ingredients to blender and blend until creamy. Set aside.
- Steam green beans until tender to the bite, about 3 min. Remove from the steamer.
- Drain fluid from zucchini noodles and add to the steamer and steam for about 2 minutes until slightly softened. Remove from pot and add to bowl with green beans.
- Top noodles and beans with pesto and toss with hands.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts.
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.
The reality is that many of us don’t have the time or energy to make meals happen. Meals become stressful, if not an impossible task.
Anderson’s Nutrition Meal Planner removes these barriers of time and complexity by making meals possible and simple! This meal planner evaluates over 3 million dietary factors to create the perfect plan for you while minimizing food waste.