Spruce up your sandwich with this avocado hummus sandwich recipe! It provides a high-fiber, healthy fat, tasty, and filling lunch.
Avocado hummus sandwich
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 avocado
- 3⁄8 cup hummus
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 handfuls cilantro, chopped
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 2 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- Grab your bread and lather one side with hummus. Slice up an avocado and put it on the other side.
- Add a few splashes of hot sauce onto the side with the avocado.
- Next, add thick tomato slices to the hummus, and lettuce & cilantro to the side with the avocados.
- Lastly, pop the two sides of the bread together and your sandwich is ready to eat!
Per serving: 1 sandwich Calories: 426 Fiber: 15g Protein: 17g
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.