No need to turn on your oven, this quick and easy chicken parm is made on the stovetop in one skillet! This recipe is a family favorite and makes a great midweek meal. Add a side of veggies for balance. (We love broccoli for soaking up a delicious red sauce!) Got celiac? Use gluten free pasta for an easy swap. We like lots of veggies so we add diced green or red pepper, onions and mushrooms, which we saute ahead of the chicken. Make this one your own!
- 1 Tablespoon Italian dressing
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 12 ounces marinara pasta sauce
- 12 fl. ounces of water (more as needed)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Heat chicken and Italian dressing in a medium/large skillet over medium high heat . Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook chicken until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Add the pasta and the marinara. Add water. Lightly stir the mixture to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender to your liking.
- Cover with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella. No need to stir. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- You can also broil the entire skillet for about 4 minutes to make the cheese extra melty.
- Top with basil (optional) and serve.
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.