Warm-up with this tasty turkey chili! Turkey chili can be significantly fewer calories and fat than traditional beef chili. This tasty recipe is also very plant-based with veggies included.
- 1 ½ pounds turkey, ground
- 1-28 ounce can petite tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 packet Mrs. Dash Chili Seasoning Packet
- ½ teaspoon Mexican Style Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 10 mushrooms, chopped
- Optional: 1 cup black or kidney beans
- First, brown ground turkey until fully cooked over medium heat. Then drain any visible fat.
- Add Mrs. Dash seasoning pack, petite diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Then stir until well blended.
- Next, add fresh vegetables, garlic powder, chili powder, and onion powder.
- Now, cover and simmer over low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Last, uncover and finish simmering over low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Finally, serve with homemade garlic toast.
Why Mrs. Dash? Because it’s lower in sodium, which can help with blood pressure, kidney issues, and more! Make the switch if your doctor has recommended you decrease your sodium intake.
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
Some of our pages contain affiliate links that Anderson’s Nutrition may receive a commission from, at no extra cost to you. We only promote products that we have used & verified, finding helpful for our clients and friends. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Anderson’s Nutrition is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.