This Lemony Summer Squash Pasta recipe is a perfect one for the summer. Squash can boost your immune system, contribute to healthy skin and vision, lower the risk of cancer, and relieve symptoms of diabetes. This quick summer squash pasta recipe tastes amazing. It is part of our Meal Planning Program, along with over 500 other recipes that are RDN approved. Sign up for it today.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 zucchini
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Mince garlic.
- Chop: basil and spinach.
- Thinly slice squash, about 1/8 inch thick. Lay squash slices on a towel while pasta cooks.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- In a skillet heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and basil. Stir until fragrant, then add sliced squash, salt and pepper. Stir, then let squash cook on each side until lightly browned.
- Add lemon juice, stir, then add chopped spinach. Stir again.
- Cook spinach until they’re just beginning to wilt, then add in pasta along with a bit of starchy pasta water.
- Stir in capers, red pepper flakes, and feta.
- Taste and adjust seasonings – add shaved parmesan cheese, more lemon, and a little bit more olive oil, if you like.
Make this summer squash pasta your own by subbing your favorite leafy green for spinach or yellow summer squash for the zucchini!
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.
The reality is that many of us don’t have the time or energy to make meals happen. Meals become stressful, if not an impossible task.
Anderson’s Nutrition Meal Planner removes these barriers of time and complexity by making meals possible and simple! This meal planner evaluates over 3 million dietary factors to create the perfect plan for you while minimizing food waste.