Deviled eggs are super simple, and a true crowd pleaser. Our version amps up the nutrition by adding in some avocado! We consider ourselves to be true deviled egg aficionados, so we are sharing some tools we recommend for making, displaying, and bringing deviled eggs on the go. Enjoy!
Hand-painted earthenware bunny-shaped deviled egg display tray
Ceramic, dishwasher safe deviled egg display tray
Collapsible deviled egg carrier – holds up to 24 eggs
“Piping Bulbs” for piping the filling into your egg
The spice lab organic smoked paprika to add color and flavor
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 avocado peeled, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 dash salt
- 2 dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 smoked paprika, for garnish
- Put the eggs on the bottom of a large pot, big enough to fit all the eggs comfortably, but not so big that they’ll rattle around in there.
- Pour in the vinegar. Cover the eggs with enough water that there’s an inch of water above the eggs.
- Turn the burner on high. Bring the water to boil. Turn off the heat. Wait 10 minutes. Run cold water over the eggs until they are cool to the touch.
- Peel the eggs, and cut them in half. Remove the yolks and plop them in a large bowl. Mash the egg yolks.
- Mix the mashed yolks with chopped avocado, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Mash everything together.
- Use a piping bag or piping bulb to add this mix to the egg halves.
- Sprinkle the tops with smoked paprika. Serve.
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet with one of our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
Some of our pages contain affiliate links. Anderson’s Nutrition may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. We only promote products that we have used and verified, and recommend to our clients and friends. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Anderson’s Nutrition is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.