Bring out the slow cooker for this spinach lasagna recipe and you will be drooling for four hours as you smell it cooking. The recipe serves four people so feel free to double it if you need more! This recipe is loved by over a thousand people involved in this menu planning program. We guarantee you will like it too! Sign up for more recipes here.
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen spinach
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella (6 ounces)
- 1 cup ricotta
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 regular lasagna noodles (not no-boil)
- Thaw and chop frozen spinach, squeezing to remove excess moisture.
- Grate parmesan and mozzarella.
- In a bowl, mix together the spinach, ricotta, 1/2 cup of parmesan and salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a second bowl, mix together the marinara sauce and water.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the marinara mixture in the bottom of a greased 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Top with 2 noodles (breaking to fit), 3/4 cup of the remaining marinara mixture, half the spinach mixture, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella; repeat.
- Top with the remaining noodles, marinara mixture, mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Cover and cook on low until the noodles are tender, 3 1/2-4 hours.
You can use fresh spinach (24-30 ounces) if you want, we recommend blanching it first and then squeezing out any excess water so that the lasagna doesn’t end up soggy. To blanch – boil water, add spinach for 1 minute and then drain and rinse in cold water.
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.
The reality is that many of us don’t have the time or energy to make meals happen. Meals become stressful, if not an impossible task.
Anderson’s Nutrition Meal Planner removes these barriers of time and complexity by making meals possible and simple! This meal planner evaluates over 3 million dietary factors to create the perfect plan for you while minimizing food waste.