Mushrooms are taking on the new cauliflower! Mushrooms are beginning to be the hot food trend. But they have reason to be! Mushrooms are low-calorie, meat-tasting, and common in plant-based meals. This fun fungi is an excellent source of the B-vitamins and also contains some Phosphorus and Vitamin D. You’ll love this mushroom burger recipe! Find more mouthwatering mushroom recipes in our Menu Planning Program.
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustartd
- 1tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from half of a lime
- Medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (ribs and seeds removed, for less heat), optional
- 1 beefsteak tomato, cored and thinly sliced
- First, preheat oven to 425 degrees (or heat grill).
- Next, toss washed mushrooms with oil and 2/3 cup water; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange stem-side down on a large rimmed baking sheet; cover loosely with foil. Roast until tender, 30-45 minutes (or grill for about 15 minutes).
- In a bowl, mash avocado with a fork. Add mustard, horseradish, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and jalapeno; season with salt and pepper.
- To finish, toast rolls (if using). To serve, layer each bottom half with tomato and portobello, and each top half with avocado mixture.
Enjoy your mushroom burger with a delicious side! See our Menu Planning Program for ideas!
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.