Do you like Burritos? Try this mouthwatering recipe with chicken, corn, and fresh cilantro! Chicken is a great source of protein, with cilantro and corn make for a scrumptious combination. You will love this burritos recipe, along with many others. Join our Menu Planning Program for even more mouthwatering recipes!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves or cutlets, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups frozen mixed white and yellow corn kernels, thawed, patted dry
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups queso fresco
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut/chop: poblano chiles, chicken breasts, and cilantro.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add poblano chiles; saute until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, cumin, and chili powder, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute until chicken is almost cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in corn; saute until heated through, about 1 minute, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Heat tortillas in a dry skillet for about 1 minute per side.
- Spoon chicken mixture in strip down center of each tortilla; top with cheese and cilantro.
- Fold in sides of tortilla over filling; roll up, enclosing filling.
If you prefer a more saucey burrito add 3/4 cup taco sauce while cooking the chicken and poblano peppers. This is also a great place to us leftover chicken, or bulk up the burritos with leftover rice or beans.
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.
The reality is that many of us don’t have the time or energy to make meals happen. Meals become stressful, if not an impossible task.
Anderson’s Nutrition Meal Planner removes these barriers of time and complexity by making meals possible and simple! This meal planner evaluates over 3 million dietary factors to create the perfect plan for you while minimizing food waste.