Prepare yourself for you new favorite flavor combination! Savory, sweet, spicy, and cheesy, this quesadilla has it all. Not only is it tasty, this quesadilla packs fiber and vitamins into every bite, too. You’ll want to swap your Taco Tuesday plans for this!
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 leaves kale, de-stemmed
- 1/2 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tortillas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
For Spicy Lime Sauce
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp sriracha (optional)
- In a food processor blender, add in spinach, kale, apple, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of cheese and pulse until just combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pre-heat large skillet over medium heat. Pour in half of the oil and let it gets hot.
- Take 1 tortilla and speed half of the kale mixture on to it sprinkle half of the beans and half of the remaining cheese.
- Cover with a tortilla and place into skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the yogurt, lime juice and sriracha(to taste) and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Let quesadilla cool slightly, cut into wedges, drizzle with spicy lime sauce and serve.
|NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING|
|Protein 8.6g Total Fat 9.9g Carbs 14g Calories 179kcal Fiber 3.03gSodium 222mg Saturated Fat 4.92g Fruits 0.12 servings Vegetables 0.25 servings Added Sugar 0g|