Be the hero of the holidays with this super simple mashed potato dish! It packs a nutritional punch since it features both red potatoes and parsnips. Plus, no time-consuming potato peeling required!
- 1.5 pounds of red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound of parsnips, peeled, diced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Peel and dice the parsnips and quarter the potatoes (skin on), making sure all are relatively the same size.
- Place vegetables in a large saucepan, with a generous pinch of salt and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
- Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork, about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the milk, cream cheese, and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering; Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
- Mash and add the garlic mixture, stirring to combine.
- Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then fold in the chives and serve hot.
|NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING|
|Protein 8.5g – Total Fat 7g – Carbs 44g – Calories 266 kcal – Fiber 5.08g – Sodium 268mg – Saturated Fat 3.96g – Fruits 0 servings – Vegetables 0.46 servings – Added Sugar 0g|
Meal Planning Made Easy!
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.