If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert that requires no baking, then these no-bake peanut butter bars are for you! Made with just a handful of simple ingredients, these bars are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
Feel free to customize to your own preference. Try swapping almond butter instead of peanut butter. Mix in cinnamon, chopped nuts, chia seeds, or sea salt for added flavors and nutrients.
For the Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the Chocolate Topping
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine peanut butter, brown rice crisp cereal, unsweetened coconut and maple syrup. Process until combine and cereal is crushed.
- Spoon into the baking dish and press down with slightly wet hands to create an even layer.
- In a bowl, microwave chocolate in 30 second increments until melted. You can also do this in a double boiler over the stove. Stir in the peanut butter until completely melted and combined. Spoon over the peanut butter layer and smooth with a knife.
- Place in the freezer or refrigerator for 20 minutes, or until set. Cut into 12 bars.
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.