Fall is here! Crisp air, earlier sunsets, pumpkin patches, apple picking, and golden leaves. If you’re looking for a hearty, healthy recipe that embodies this fall essence, this is a must try. Plus, it’s a great way to load up your kiddo’s plate with veggies!
- 1 butternut squash, deseeded
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 oz pasta shells
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place butternut squash on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 7 minutes. In the last 2 minutes, add broccoli. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Once the butternut squash is tender, let it cool for a few minutes, then use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Add to a blender along with milk, mustard, vinegar, and pepper. Blend until smooth, adding water if needed to help blend.
- Combine pasta and broccoli with the sauce, then transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with almonds and cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Like this recipe? Check out our meal planner app for more!