We love the combination of shrimp and pasta, and this creamy lemon sauce offers a nice change of pace from a standard red sauce. Each serving delivers 34 grams of protein. Plus, this recipe cooks in one pot, so it’s a quick and easy meal that requires minimal clean up. Serve with a side of green beans. Or, prior to cooking the pasta, cook some veggies in the pot with a little olive oil. Set the veggies aside once soft. Add them to the pasta and shrimp mixture at the end.
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/8 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup basil
- Add water and wine to a pot, and bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, zest ½ of one lemon and measure out freshly squeezed lemon juice and cream.
- Once liquid in the pot is nearly gone, about 6 minutes or so, add shrimp and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Mix lemon juice and lemon zest with cream and add to pasta.
- Stir to mix thoroughly; remove from heat.
- Add basil; mix into pasta.
- Garnish with more basil if you’d like.
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.