Yum, yum, yum. It’s thanksgiving in one bite! These pumpkin pie bites are a tasty treat with natural sugars & flavors. Bring in the taste of fall!
- 1/4 cup medjool dates, pitted
- boiling water, as needed
- 1/4 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs coconut flour see note
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbs almonds, sliced, for garnish
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and use.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the dark chocolate and coconut oil, in a food processor. Process until fairly smooth stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer to a separate bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, scoop 1-tablespoon sized portions and roll into balls until all mixture is gone. Mixture makes about 12. Arrange on a small baking sheet and chill the bites in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Drizzle over the bites and garnish with sliced almonds.
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.