Enjoy this heart-healthy recipe that packed with flavor and nutrients. This recipe calls for olive oil, which is a great source of monounsaturated fatty acids and has been shown to have positive effects on heart health. The salmon is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to have a variety of heart-protective benefits, including lowering triglycerides, cholesterol, and blood pressure, while supporting brain function and reducing inflammation. These colorful tacos add fiber, which is beneficial for cholesterol management and blood sugar control.
- 2 ears corn, husked
- 1 lb salmon filet
- 1 T paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 2 T lime, juiced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 roma tomato
- 2 T cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 3 oz cotija cheese
- Preheat oven broiler to 500F and position top rack about 4 inches from the heat source. Place ears of corn on a baking sheet and broil for 10 minutes or until corn is slightly charred on all sides. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove corn from cob.
- combine paprika, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Pour spices onto a large plate. Place the flesh side of the salmon into the spices being sure to coat it well.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the samon filet into the skillet, flesh side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then carefully flip salmon onto skin side and cook for additional 6-8 minutes or until salmon can easily be flaked with a fork. Place salmon on a large plate, squeeze fresh lime juice over top, and allow to cool slightly before flaking the salmon into small pieces and removing the skin.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado in a bowl. Add the tomato, cilantro, and white parts of the green onion, and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- For each taco, add the charred corn, salmon, and avocado salsa, sliced green onion (green part) and cotija cheese. Squeeze extra lime juice over the taco if desired.
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.