Enjoy this broccoli olive salad as a side to a chicken breast, a snack to curb your hunger, or a salad to bring to a barbecue. It is delicious and packed with essential, healthy fats.
- 1/2 cup Niçoise olives, drained and pitted
- 1 cup jarred roasted peppers, drained and chopped [reserve one tablespoon of brine]
- 1 Head broccoli, cored and cut into florets (can use half cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (extra 2 tbsp for garnish)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- salt, to taste (or kosher salt)
- pepper, to taste
- Chop broccoli into florets.
- Chop peppers, walnuts, mint, and parsley.
- Drain olives and peppers.
- Blanch broccoli in salted water until just tender then shock in an ice bath; drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup peppers, brine, mint, parsley, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add some water if needed to thin.
- Mix yogurt with remaining olive oil and spread across plate or platter.
- Top with broccoli, walnuts, olives, and remaining peppers.
- Garnish with parsley and drizzle with pepper sauce.
This broccoli olive salad recipe originally calls for cauliflower as in photo – we enjoyed it with broccoli equally as well!
Find hundreds more recipes at our Menu Planning Program. Signing up will give you access to an interactive meal planner, grocery list, and calendar view of meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks!
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.
The reality is that many of us don’t have the time or energy to make meals happen. Meals become stressful, if not an impossible task.
Anderson’s Nutrition Meal Planner removes these barriers of time and complexity by making meals possible and simple! This meal planner evaluates over 3 million dietary factors to create the perfect plan for you while minimizing food waste.