Looking for a fun way to include more veggies this summer? Try making these honey lime chicken kabobs! Perfect for getting in veggies, protein, healthy fats, and even fruit in, these are fun for kids, parties, and for grilling. Add or swap out veggies or proteins to create different variations.
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Soak about 10-12 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together honey, oil, lime juice tamari, minced garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper until combined.
- Add cubed chicken and stir until chicken is completely covered with marinade. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Alternate the vegetables, pineapple, and chicken on the skewer, making about 12 skewers.
- Bake in the oven for 25-33 minutes, flipping the skewers about half way through. Check to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through, with an internal temperature of at least 165F. You may need to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your chicken cubes.
Meal Planning Made Easy!
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.