Time and time again, you may hear people say, “there’s nothing like a summer tomato”. Fresh, juicy, and full of flavor, the late summer months are prime time for tomatoes, and nothing can quite compare. Whether you’re picking some up from a farmer’s market or growing your own in the garden, set a few aside to try this easy and delicious caprese salad!
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 4oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Dash of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp balsamic glaze (optional)
- On a platter, alternate slices of tomato and mozzarella. Garnish generously with basil leaves, tucking some underneath the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with balsamic glaze (optional). Serve immediately.
Meal Planning Made Easy!
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.