What do you think about when you hear the word Valentine’s? Flowers? Gifts? Dining out? Chocolates and candies? Too many of our patients come into a session after Valentine’s Day and tell us that the weekend was very difficult. They typically mention that it was hard due to eating out and consuming a lot of candy. We have a thought… Since when did the holiday become about food? It’s not uncommon that many holidays revolve around food. So why not change the pattern this year? Try to think outside the box.
Here are some suggestions for non-food gifts for Valentine’s:
- Take a walk around at a local park
- Buy a gift card to iTunes to get some new music or podcasts for working out
- Pick out a bouquet of flowers for the house
- Gift them a back, shoulders, and neck massager
- Purchase a subscription to an e-magazine or e-reader app
- Buy stationary for the person who loves to send thank you cards or notes to friends
- Give them new tech accessories: earbuds, wireless Bluetooth speaker, or a phone case
- Help them reach their goals by purchasing a month or 3-month access to a health coach!
- Give your time – the most valuable gift is the gift of time!!
Enjoy the love!