National Potato Day! Today you must try Homemade Sweet Potato Oven Fries. Sweet potatoes are so sweet to us because they provide us with so many vitamins and minerals. They can really make the heart healthy and boost the immune system. This recipe can be used as a healthy side to any dish. This recipe – along with over 500 other RDN approved recipes – is included in our Menu Planning Program. Try the guide for free.
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 3/4-inch wedges.
- Toss olive oil and sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast potatoes 20 minutes or until tender, gently tossing halfway through.
You can easily dress these up with any spice combination you like! Use about a teaspoon total for mild flavor. Some of our favorites are cumin and cayenne, oregano and fennel, or Italian seasoning and fresh minced garlic.