Christmas season is a time for many of us to catch up with family and friends. This also means holiday food and drinks are at an abundance. So, what can we do to watch the waistline and still enjoy the festive drinks? To answer that, here are a couple recipes that we like: Pomegranate …
A theme that I keep hearing this year is gratitude. This simply means a state of being grateful. This Thanksgiving, instead of giving all the focus to overflowing plates, we challenge you to focus on showing that you’re grateful for. For some families, they have a tradition to go around the table and say what …
Warm up with this tasty turkey chili! Turkey chili can be significantly less calories and fat than traditional beef chili. This tasty recipe is also very plant-based with veggies included.
- 1 ½ pounds turkey, ground
- 1-28 ounce can petite tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 packet Mrs. Dash Chili Seasoning Packet
- ½ teaspoon Mexican Style Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 10 mushrooms, chopped
- Optional: 1 cup black or kidney beans
- First, brown ground turkey until fully cooked over medium heat. Then drain any visible fat.
- Add Mrs. Dash seasoning pack, petite diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Then stir until well blended.
- Next, add fresh vegetables, garlic powder, chili powder, and onion powder. Stir until well blended.
- Now, cover and simmer over low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Last, uncover and finish simmering over low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with homemade garlic toast.
Halloween will soon be here and for many of us that means CANDY, CANDY, CANDY! Once all the little pumpkins and scary ghosts have stopped knocking on your door or come home from trick-or-treating, what should you do with all that candy?? Of course, other than eat it all…here are a few ideas that we …
This year, you may be seeing teal pumpkins in your neighborhood and wondering, why? Imagine being a child with allergies to nuts and dairy. You’re in your cute costume and come home excited to dump out your candy. When you tip over your bucket full of sweets, you see candy bars that you’re not allowed to …
Is it pumpkin season?? We think so! Try these tasty pumpkin overnight oats. Prep at a convenient time for you and enjoy this recipe on-the-go. Serves 1 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk* 1/4 cup rolled oats 1/4 cup canned 100% pumpkin 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp …
Here in Arizona we may not be seeing all the pretty fall colors, but we are feeling the cooler temperatures! After months of being cooped up with 100 degree temperature we are ready to get outside and enjoy the weather. In the Valley of the Sun we have a wide variety of ways to be …
About Garlic Aside from warding off vampires and mosquitoes, garlic has many uses! There has been research studies showing a correlation between lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, cancer, and improved immune system when consuming garlic. This herb is part of the onion family. So, I guess this starts to explain a little about why it has …
Many of our patients tell us, “I don’t like the taste of water, but I know I need to drink it!” Why is it so important to drink H2O year round, not just during the 115 degree days of summer? Water makes up 60% of your body weight. Every system in your body relies on …