Let your registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) help you navigate a vegan, vegetarian, or plant-based nutrition lifestyle according to your needs to reap the health benefits of increased plant consumption.
Did you know?
Plant-based eating has become much more prevalent in recent years. Particularly, ‘veganism’ Google search interest increased almost seven times as much in the past 5 years. It is estimated that in the year 2040, nearly 1 in 4 people will be on a meat-free, plant-based nutrition diet. You may have noticed in almost every store and restaurant, you’ll find a more plant-forward movement.
Although it is not necessary to have a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle to be healthy, there are many benefits to increasing plant intake.
Plant-based diets may have different definitions for each individual. Here are a few basic definitions:
- Vegan: This lifestyle attempts to avoid cruelty to animals for use as food or other purposes. Veganism avoids all meats, dairy, eggs, and honey.
- Vegetarian: This lifestyle is a bit less restrictive than a vegan diet. Vegetarians typically avoid all fish, meat, chicken, insects, gelatin, and stock/fat from animals. There are some subsets of vegetarianism where they may include fish or other products (ie. pescatarian, semivegetarian).
- Plant-based nutrition/plant-forward nutrition: This lifestyle puts a focus on foods that mainly come from plants, including nuts, seeds, oils, grains, legumes, etc. A vegan or vegetarian may consider their lifestyle as plant-forward, but a plant-forward lifestyle is not always vegan/vegetarian. Interestingly, a Mediterranean diet is a plant-forward lifestyle because it focuses on plant-based foods but also includes some fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy, with less focus on meats and sweets.
Simply increasing plant intake has a variety of benefits. These include but are not limited to:
- Weight control
- Decreased risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and cardiovascular disease
- Lowered risk of diabetes
- Decreased risk of certain types of cancers
- Increased longevity
A plant-based nutrition plan can sometimes be restrictive and is always individualized, which is why it is crucial to work with a registered dietitian.
Let your registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) help you navigate a vegan vegetarian, or plant-based lifestyle according to your needs to reap the health benefits of increased plant consumption.
Have you been attempting to eat less meat and more plants?
Are you interested in a plant-based, vegetarian, or vegan lifestyle?
Are you an athlete that wants to get enough protein and nutrients on a plant-based diet?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, we will provide a unique nutritional assessment going through medical history, concerns, and create a personalized plan that works for you.
Anderson’s Nutrition has a realistic approach that makes the process enjoyable and helps you meet your goals. We believe in simple, small changes that will make the biggest difference in your life. Our dietitians will provide evidence-based research, food product ideas, and information on nutrition for a plant-based lifestyle.
We can help you to navigate:
- Reading labels
- Managing disease with a plant-based diet
- Getting adequate nutrients while following a plant-based diet
- Meal ideas, meal planning, and what to look for at restaurants
- Possible supplements needed
- Meal planning for a plant-based athlete
Let your registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) help you navigate a vegan, vegetarian, or plant-based lifestyle according to your needs to reap the health benefits of increased plant consumption.
What can an RDN do for you?
Our trained experts will work with you to create realistic and customized goals because we want to ensure long-lasting results. We use small changes, focusing on the why and how so that you can effectively prevent nutritional deficiencies.
We will educate you on foods that are best for you no matter what type of plant-based lifestyle you’d like to live. We can give you the tools to help manage illness, prevent disease, or perform in athletics. Recommendations will be given for foods that allow all the nutrients the body needs each day. You’ll learn how to meal plan according to the foods you would like to include in your plant-based lifestyle. You will know what kinds of foods will work for your life.
Your plant-based dietitian expert will:
- Assess and evaluate dietary intake and health status.
- Determine where potential nutrient deficiencies may exist.
- Identify adequate energy and calorie needs.
- Educate on serving size and food group recommendations.
- Assist with the implementation of doctor-recommended dietary interventions.
Evidence has shown that a plant-based lifestyle supports health by decreasing the risk of developing heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and increased longevity.
Nutrition is not one size fits all! Our experts evaluate and assess diet, health, and nutritional concerns on an individual level using the most current evidence-based research. Meet with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist for help managing your plant-forward way of life.
Meet our nutrition experts!
How to get started
We have several options to get started with one of our RDN-Nutrition Experts. We offer in-person, telephonic, and video counseling sessions. Check out the online scheduler today! Learn more by
Pick how you want to meet
We are available in most states for virtual one-on-one. For in-person 1-on-1, check location details for the addresses.
Meet your dietitian from anywhere there is a connection from any device. Our HIPAA compliant software lets you enjoy the flexibility but keeping the in-person feel. There is no software to download and it’s easy to use.
Meet your dietitian at our location in Arizona or Pennsylvania. Our rooms are large enough for a family to feel comfortable and get the hands-on experience they are looking for.
Most insurance companies will provide benefits for nutrition counseling, often times the coverage is
Self Pay Rate
We have several different program durations for you to select from. Choose which one fits your needs. Almost all patients find success in meeting consistently to get the support and the results that they need. You can start with a consultation for $150 prior to purchasing a program. The consultation fee can be applied to one of the programs below. If you feel you would like to meet weekly with your dietitian for we can design a discounted program for you. Just inquire during your consultation.