Time and time again, you may hear people say, “there’s nothing like a summer tomato”. Fresh, juicy, and full of flavor, the late summer months are prime time for tomatoes, and nothing can quite compare. Whether you’re picking some up from a farmer’s market or growing your own in the garden, set a few aside to try this easy and delicious caprese salad!
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 4oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Dash of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp balsamic glaze (optional)
- On a platter, alternate slices of tomato and mozzarella. Garnish generously with basil leaves, tucking some underneath the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with balsamic glaze (optional). Serve immediately.