This Asian zucchini noodle salad recipe serves 6. It is a colorful, nutritious, and tasty meal. Create your zoodles using a spiralizer, but if you don’t have one, check out these instructions for how to make good zoodles and another recipe with zoodles. This link will also bring you to tips for keeping the zucchini noodles from being too watery. Why use zucchini? Zucchini is an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and it is extremely versatile!
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage, sliced
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (red, orange, yellow work the best)
- 3 scallions, sliced tops only
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (about 1 bunch)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 Tbs ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- Spiralize the zucchini and place it in a colander. Toss with salt and set aside to drain in sink for 10-15 minutes
- Slice the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, bell peppers, scallions.
- Chop the cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Juice the lime.
- Rinse zucchini noodle and pat dry – they will have released a lot of liquid.
- For dressing, whisk lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño (if your using it).
- Toss all veggies together in a large bowl with noodles.
- Dress only the amount you will be eating and keep the dressing separate when storing leftovers.
320 calories per serving with almost 20% of your daily needs for potassium.
Enjoy your meal! Let us know how you like it or if you made any modifications!
Check out more recipes like this delicious zucchini noodle recipe at our Menu Planning Page.