Ever thought of making nachos with sweet potatoes? It is “not-cho” average nacho! Turn a high-fat, high-calorie meal into a loaded, nutrient-packed, plant-based meal. These sweet potato veggie vegan nachos are to die for!
- 1 cup hummus, prepared
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup cashews, raw
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Slice sweet potatoes into thin disks [using a mandolin is helpful].
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan, cook sweet potato slices until edges are browned – about 30 minutes.
- Blend hummus, nutritional yeast, cashews and water in a blender until smooth.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, arrange on plate and top with black beans, broccoli, olives, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Drizzle with “queso” and serve with lime.