Chickpeas — a great plant-based staple to keep around. They are extremely versatile and add a great texture and flavor to salads. Did you know that chickpeas are have a low glycemic load, meaning they digest slowly to prevent quick rises in blood sugar, making a great choice for diabetics? Chickpeas also contain fiber that promote gut health. Chickpeas also can lower the “bad” cholesterol in our bodies, while promoting fullness to assist in weight management. Try this summer chickpea salad! Everyone will love it!
- 2 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 large seedless cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup dill, fresh , chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh , chopped
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Dice red pepper, red onion, cucumber, and chop tomato, dill, basil, and garlic cloves.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add hundreds of recipes to your meals with our meal planner. Get access by clicking the link below!