This barbecue pulled pork recipe is perfect for the summer time if we are on the go. You can put it in the slow cooker to cook all day long for a party before the summer ends. Slow cookers don’t require a lot of effort and allow an aroma that will make you excited to eat it all day long. This recipe is packed with protein and tastes great as a lettuce wrap, with baked potatoes, or on a classic sandwich! This recipe is also part of our Meal Planning Program. Sign up today!
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 5 pounds pork butt, cut into two pieces
- Chop onion.
- Cut pork into two equal pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the pork butt in a large slow cooker.
- Add the pork and cook for 8 hours on low or until the pork is tender and easily pulls apart from the bone.
This is great served as a sandwich, ciabatta rolls are our favorite! Lettuce wraps, baked potatoes, or rice are also nice vehicles for this melt in your mouth pork.