Ever thought of making nachos with sweet potatoes? It is “not-cho” average nacho! Turn a high-fat, high-calorie meal into a loaded, nutrient-packed, plant-based meal. These sweet potato veggie vegan nachos are to die for!
- 1 cup hummus, prepared
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup cashews, raw
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Slice sweet potatoes into thin disks [using a mandolin is helpful].
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan, cook sweet potato slices until edges are browned – about 30 minutes.
- Blend hummus, nutritional yeast, cashews and water in a blender until smooth.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, arrange on plate and top with black beans, broccoli, olives, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Drizzle the vegan nachos with “queso” and serve with lime.
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.
The reality is that many of us don’t have the time or energy to make meals happen. Meals become stressful, if not an impossible task.
Anderson’s Nutrition Meal Planner removes these barriers of time and complexity by making meals possible and simple! This meal planner evaluates over 3 million dietary factors to create the perfect plan for you while minimizing food waste.