Looking for something to throw on the grill this summer? Look no further! This Spicy Southern BBQ Chicken has just the right balance of sweet and spicy, and is sure to be a picnic pleaser!
- 1 1/4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 2 cups green beans, steamed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and green beans in a saucepan. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on a large platter and brush with half the sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- When the chicken is ready, preheat oven to broil.
- Place chicken on the lined baking sheet and broil for 10 minutes on each side.
- Remove from broiler and set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat chicken with remaining sauce, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve chicken with green beans tossed in oil.
Like this recipe? Check out our meal planner app for more!