- 1/4 cup medjool dates, pitted
- boiling water, as needed
- 1/4 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs coconut flour see note
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbs almonds, sliced, for garnish
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and use.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the dark chocolate and coconut oil, in a food processor. Process until fairly smooth stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer to a separate bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, scoop 1-tablespoon sized portions and roll into balls until all mixture is gone. Mixture makes about 12. Arrange on a small baking sheet and chill the bites in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Drizzle over the bites and garnish with sliced almonds.