Packed with fresh and light ingredients, this winter holiday salad makes a great side dish. Or top it with your favorite protein and turn it into a meal!
- 4 oranges
- 1 grapefruit
- 3 cups jicama peeled, sliced
- 6 red radishes, sliced
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 prickly pears peeled, chopped
- 1 lime zested, juiced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 pomegranates, seeded (around the holidays, you can often buy these already seeded and pre-packaged in the produce aisle)
- 1/4 cup pecans
Makes 6 Servings
- With a sharp knife, cut the peel from the oranges and the grapefruit, section them and reserve the juice.
- Combine oranges, grapefruit, jicama, prickly pears and radishes.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the lime rind, lime juice, Greek yogurt and honey in a small bowl and the reserved juices from the oranges, grapefruit, and prickly pears, stirring until smooth.
- Arrange the lettuce in a large bowl, lightly toss the chilled fruit mixture with the lettuce then drizzle the yogurt dressing evenly over the salad.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and pecans.
- Serve immediately.
Meal Planning Made Easy!
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.