Peaches are in season! What a great healthy sweet to add to your salad, along with beets. This beet and peach salad is so colorful, and when you add a lot of color to your meals, you know you are adding a variety of nutrients to your meal. This delicious salad can be eaten as a side to any meal. This RDN-approved recipe is another part to our Menu Planning Program. Sign up today for this guide to your menu-planning. Click here for the link to sign up.
Beet and Peach Salad
- 3 beets, roasted and chopped
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash and scrub the beets.
- Place beets on foil then fold foil into a packet. Place the foil on cookie sheet and roast 45 minutes or until tender.
- Allow beets to cool 20 minutes. Once cool, peel skins off. Meanwhile, slice peaches.
- Chop the beets and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and honey.
- In a large salad bowl, add mixed greens and toss with dressing.
- Add peach slices, roasted beets and toss again.
- Serve beet and peach salad with roasted walnuts and crumbled blue cheese on top.
This is also great with plums, or with one plum and one peach.
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.
The reality is that many of us don’t have the time or energy to make meals happen. Meals become stressful, if not an impossible task.
Anderson’s Nutrition Meal Planner removes these barriers of time and complexity by making meals possible and simple! This meal planner evaluates over 3 million dietary factors to create the perfect plan for you while minimizing food waste.