Peaches are in season! What a great healthy sweet to add to your salad, along with beets. This peach salad is so colorful, and when you add a lot of color to your meals, you know you are adding a variety of nutrients to your meal. This delicious salad can be eaten as a side to any meal. This RDN-approved recipe is another part to our Menu Planning Program. Sign up today for this guide to your menu-planning. Click here for the link to sign up.
Beet and Peach Salad
- 3 beets, roasted and chopped
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash and scrub the beets.
- Place beets on foil then fold foil into a packet. Place the foil on cookie sheet and roast 45 minutes or until tender.
- Allow beets to cool 20 minutes. Once cool, peel skins off. Meanwhile, slice peaches.
- Chop the beets and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and honey.
- In a large salad bowl, add mixed greens and toss with dressing.
- Add peach slices, roasted beets and toss again.
- Serve salad with roasted walnuts and crumbled blue cheese on top.
This is also great with plums, or with one plum and one peach.