Craving something sweet? This time of year is a great time for a homemade apple crisp. This apple crisp recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth while also providing health benefits. Apples can help prevent further disease by lowering cholesterol levels, controlling blood sugar levels, aiding weight loss, and helping with digestion. Looking for more recipes like this? Check out our Menu Planning Program for over 500 recipes that are dietitian-approved!
- 4 apples
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/2-inch wedges, toss with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Cube butter.
- Add sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cup flour to apples. Toss to combine and pour into an 8×8-inch baking pan. Scatter 2 tablespoons of cubed butter on top.
- Mix together oats, brown sugar, pecans (if using), 3 tablespoons flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and ginger. Cut in 6 tablespoons of cubed butter and sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake on center rack for 40 minutes or until topping is dark golden and apples are bubbling.
Feel free to make this recipe quicker and simpler by leaving the skins on.
Like nuts? Add a 1/4 cup pecans to spruce it up!
Enjoy your apple crisp!
Get your personalized meal plan to enhance your lifestyle. By collaborating and meal planning with your dietitian, you will achieve optimal results!
Did you know that people who meal plan are more likely to have an overall higher quality food variety? Anderson’s Nutrition has a robust meal planning program to assist you on your journey to simpler, better health. Meet virtually with your own dietitian to receive nutrition guidance and a personalized meal plan.
We provide comprehensive meal planning programs for each client to achieve their healthy living goals. With ample amounts of recipes and the expertise from the Dietitians at Anderson’s Nutrition, this program creates a unique and realistic approach to bringing dinner back to the table in an easy, time-saving way.
The reality is that many of us don’t have the time or energy to make meals happen. Meals become stressful, if not an impossible task.
Anderson’s Nutrition Meal Planner removes these barriers of time and complexity by making meals possible and simple! This meal planner evaluates over 3 million dietary factors to create the perfect plan for you while minimizing food waste.