This mushroom taco recipe is a quick and easy recipe that must be added to your menu planning. These tacos have a delicious flavor, texture, and are great for a vegetarian meal. If you have leftover mushrooms, try out this portobello mushroom burger later in the week!
- 7 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced and quartered
- 2 whole poblano peppers, stemmed, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper, divided
- Mince 4 cloves of garlic.
- Juice lime.
- Cut/slice: mushrooms, peppers and onion.
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, minced garlic, lime juice, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a large ziplock bag or bowl.
- Add mushrooms, pepper and onions and toss with marinade until completely coated.
- Seal (or cover with plastic wrap or foil, if using the dish) and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Add oil to saute pan and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add marinated veggies and whole garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble veggies into tacos with flour or corn tortillas or even lettuce wraps.
We recommend dressing it up with chopped fresh cilantro, avocado slices, lime wedges, salsa verde or crumbled cotija cheese! Enjoy this mushroom taco recipe!