Mini Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata. This recipe is one you can make ahead of time. They are easy to grab on the go, whether you are going to school, work, or to play. The broccoli provides fiber, vitamins, and minerals, while the egg and cheese in this frittata provide good fat and protein to keep you full all day long and to get your brain started. This fresh and tasty recipe is part of our Menu Planning program. Sign up today for this amazing guide – you can try it for free – enjoy over 500 recipes that are RDN approved!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh scallions
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a muffin tin well.
- Chop broccoli into small florets. Grate cheese.
- Whisk eggs and milk. Mix in salt, pepper, nutmeg, and red pepper flakes (if using, broccoli, cheese, pancetta, and scallions.
- Divide evenly among 12 muffin tins. Bake in the oven 25-30 minutes, until the eggs are set and starting to get golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve.
These also freeze extremely well! Make sure to cool them completely and cut them into individual servings before freezing. To reheat, pop them in the microwave for 20-40 seconds. It’s best to reheat them one at a time if you can.