This Lemony Summer Squash Pasta recipe is a perfect one for the summer. Squash can boost your immune system, contribute to healthy skin and vision, lower the risk of cancer, and relieve symptoms of diabetes. This quick summer squash pasta recipe tastes amazing. It is part of our Meal Planning Program, along with over 500 other recipes that are RDN approved. Sign up for it today.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 zucchini
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Mince garlic.
- Chop: basil and spinach.
- Thinly slice squash, about 1/8 inch thick. Lay squash slices on a towel while pasta cooks.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- In a skillet heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and basil. Stir until fragrant, then add sliced squash, salt and pepper. Stir, then let squash cook on each side until lightly browned.
- Add lemon juice, stir, then add chopped spinach. Stir again.
- Cook spinach until they’re just beginning to wilt, then add in pasta along with a bit of starchy pasta water.
- Stir in capers, red pepper flakes, and feta.
- Taste and adjust seasonings – add shaved parmesan cheese, more lemon, and a little bit more olive oil, if you like.
Make this summer squash pasta your own by subbing your favorite leafy green for spinach or yellow summer squash for the zucchini!