Breakfast can help your children’s academic performance. It can also give enough energy for them to make it through the day when it is low in sugar, and high in proteins and fats. This Classic Omelette recipe is exactly that! This tasty recipe is part of our Menu Planning Program. Sign up today for this amazing guide – you can try it for free – enjoy over 500 recipes that are RDN approved!
- 5 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 5 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 8 eggs
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Chop chives and tarragon.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together and stir in two-thirds of herbs. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat, making sure pan is coated evenly.
- Pour 1/4 of whisked eggs in pan and continue to cook over medium heat until eggs begin to set, but not cooked through, about 3 minutes (eggs will continue cooking off the heat).
- Season with salt and pepper, and then begin to fold.
- Transfer to plate, sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of herbs and a pinch of salt.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until egg mixture is finished.
This is a classic version of the omelette with no fillings, feel free to add veggies, meat, or cheese as desired. We love to use omelettes to use-up any extra veggies and herbs at the end of the week.