A great dinner to put in your meal plan is – Chicken Skillet Noodles. This recipe contains all the macro-nutrients in great proportion with the noodles, chicken, and cheese. This recipe also has garlic, tomatoes, and parsley to add the color and flavor into the meal. This savory recipe is part of our Menu Planning Program. If you sign up today, you can try it for free with over 500 RDN approved recipes!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Mince garlic.
- Chop parsley.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook chicken and garlic until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, noodles, stock and Italian seasoning: cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, until noodles are tender and liquid is absorbed, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cheese and parsley.