Do you like Burritos? Try this mouthwatering recipe with chicken, corn, and fresh cilantro! Chicken is a great source of protein, with cilantro and corn make for a scrumptious combination. You will love this recipe, along with many others. Join our Menu Planning Program for even more mouthwatering recipes!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves or cutlets, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups frozen mixed white and yellow corn kernels, thawed, patted dry
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups queso fresco
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut/chop: poblano chiles, chicken breasts, and cilantro.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add poblano chiles; saute until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, cumin, and chili powder, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute until chicken is almost cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in corn; saute until heated through, about 1 minute, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Heat tortillas in a dry skillet for about 1 minute per side.
- Spoon chicken mixture in strip down center of each tortilla; top with cheese and cilantro.
- Fold in sides of tortilla over filling; roll up, enclosing filling.
If you prefer a more saucey burrito add 3/4 cup taco sauce while cooking the chicken and poblano peppers. This is also a great place to us leftover chicken, or bulk up the burritos with leftover rice or beans.