Enjoy this broccoli olive salad as a side to a chicken breast, a snack to curb your hunger, or a salad to bring to a barbecue. It is delicious and packed with essential, healthy fats.
- 1/2 cup Niçoise olives, drained and pitted
- 1 cup jarred roasted peppers, drained and chopped [reserve one tablespoon of brine]
- 1 Head broccoli, cored and cut into florets (can use half cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (extra 2 tbsp for garnish)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- salt, to taste (or kosher salt)
- pepper, to taste
- Chop broccoli into florets.
- Chop peppers, walnuts, mint, and parsley.
- Drain olives and peppers.
- Blanch broccoli in salted water until just tender then shock in an ice bath; drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup peppers, brine, mint, parsley, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add some water if needed to thin.
- Mix yogurt with remaining olive oil and spread across plate or platter.
- Top with broccoli, walnuts, olives, and remaining peppers.
- Garnish with parsley and drizzle with pepper sauce.
This broccoli olive salad recipe originally calls for cauliflower as in photo – we enjoyed it with broccoli equally as well!
Find hundreds more recipes at our Menu Planning Program. Signing up will give you access to an interactive meal planner, grocery list, and calendar view of meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks!