When the word salad comes to mind may people think ”diet” and that’s all I’m going to eat for the next month. UGH! So, let’s get one thing straight, eating healthy foods such as vegetables makes for a healthy nutrition plan, not a diet. Vegetables provide us with lots of fiber that helps to keep …
Christmas season is a time for many of us to catch up with family and friends. This also means holiday food and drinks are at an abundance. So, what can we do to watch the waistline and still enjoy the festive drinks? To answer that, here are a couple recipes that we like: Pomegranate …
Warm up with this tasty turkey chili! Turkey chili can be significantly less calories and fat than traditional beef chili. This tasty recipe is also very plant-based with veggies included.
- 1 ½ pounds turkey, ground
- 1-28 ounce can petite tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 packet Mrs. Dash Chili Seasoning Packet
- ½ teaspoon Mexican Style Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 10 mushrooms, chopped
- Optional: 1 cup black or kidney beans
- First, brown ground turkey until fully cooked over medium heat. Then drain any visible fat.
- Add Mrs. Dash seasoning pack, petite diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Then stir until well blended.
- Next, add fresh vegetables, garlic powder, chili powder, and onion powder. Stir until well blended.
- Now, cover and simmer over low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Last, uncover and finish simmering over low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with homemade garlic toast.
Is it pumpkin season?? We think so! Try these tasty pumpkin overnight oats. Prep at a convenient time for you and enjoy this recipe on-the-go. Serves 1 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk* 1/4 cup rolled oats 1/4 cup canned 100% pumpkin 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp …